Saturday, February 8, 2014

Large Histoire

I'm editing a veteran's story on video. She rambled a lot and didn't tell her story in any particular order. One minute she's talking about grade school and the next minute she's saying she's gonna finish her days at the Southern Utah Veteran's Home, which is in Ivins.

She treated some Korean patients while she served in the military. The sticky note that's in focus tells the story about how she met a guy named Sik Lee. Lee stepped on a ground mine and his legs got blown off. The lady I'm interviewing treated Lee. She later met the president of Korea and received a presidential citation. She continued to care for Lee but was then sent to care for other patients around the world.

She got her private flying license while serving in the military. She thoroughly enjoyed her service and it took her 18 years to write down all the stories and memories she gained from being in service. 

Her name is Lt. Col. Carolyn Reinbold, USAF Retired. 


I'm editing her video memoirs to be sent to the Library of Congress. But first I need to rearrange all the stories. These are my sticky notes that serve as an outline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment