Monday, February 17, 2014

Téléphoto et Serré

I tried two different lens and cameras for this assignment. ...Yes my iPhone 5S was one of the cameras... Surprised? But the other camera was my Nikon D300. On my iPhone I used olloclip's 4-in-1 lens adapter with the 15x macro lens. And on my Nikon I used my snazzy new Sigma Photo 300mm lens with a lens adapter.

In case you didn't know... Valentine's Day was on Friday and I got proposed to by my boyfriend (of course I said 'yes'). So here's the ring. It's a Scott Kay sterling silver, princess cut, diamond ring. 

iPhone 5s - 4.1mm - f/2.2 - 1/15

iPhone 5s - 4.1mm - f/2.2 - 1/15

iPhone 5s - 4.1mm - f/2.2 - 1/15

No, I did not blur out the foreground or background in these photos to add more emphasis to the ring. This is the real compression and DOF that the iPhone olloclip gives me. I think it adds attention and focus on the main diamond. It's very tight and keeps your eye right where I want it. That is, on my ring and not my hardwood floor.  

Because of this tight crop and closeness of the ring it makes the ring look bigger than it actually is. 

iPhone 5s - 4.1mm - f/2.2 - 1/20

iPhone 5s - 4.1mm - f/2.2 - 1/20

Well my Beemer and I were looking to tear up some asphalt so we drove out to the deserted land of Nevada and when I saw this out my front window I pulled over and snapped this photo: 

Nikon D300 - f/6.3 - 1/400

It's no road to Area 51, but it sure was about as desolate as the road to Area 51. I was driving off into the sunset and honesty I shouldn't be allowed to drive... I started to space out and I drove myself another couple miles before realizing that I was the only living human out there. Yes, I meant to saying "living human" because when I stepped out the car to take the picture it smelled like death... like.... legitimate dead people. And yes, I do know what dead people smell like. It's very distinct. 

I pulled over, got out of the car and the wind brushed against my face and brought me the raunchy smell of decaying carcasses. Then I walked halfway across the road, sat down on a yellow dash and took a deep breath. Then I pulled out my big DSLR with it's huge, long lens attached to it and took a picture. I put the camera on my lap and said "I'll be back" and simply got back in my car, turned around and headed home. I never finished the end of the road. But I shall return.  

No comments:

Post a Comment